Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Phoenix activity

Now that the MySQL dust has settled, I've had a bit more time to invest in Phoenix - the Eclipse project that covers our website. Here's what we're up to:

Bigger Fonts: Do you think that our site's font is too small? Stanimir has been kind enough to post a patch which makes our font bigger and more scalable. Read about it in the bug, test it on our sandbox (links in the bug) and feel free to comment by including your browser/OS version, screen resolution and font DPI setting with your comments.

Multi-lingual content: Being French Canadian, I'm the first to admit that there's not enough non-English content on the Eclipse.org website, and many of you agree with me. While we try to find a strategy to make this better, we do occasionally post links to non-English sites on our homepage. I think a link to a [German | French | Italian etc.] page on an English website is strange usability (not because of the foreign characters, but because, from an English page, I'm sent to a page that I cannot read) so in bug 143449 I suggest that we either remove the links to non-English pages (yuck) or add a language identifier next to the links (yay). Of course the better solution would be to have a home for non-English content (fr.eclipse.org, de.eclipse.org, etc..) but in the interim ... what are your toughts?

Wiki vs. website: In bug 125497, Bjorn suggests the Wiki pages should look identical to the website. I think the Wiki and the Website are two different things. So, Bjorn and I need your input: what do you think about this?

These three issues are only the tip of the iceberg. Want to help us make a better website? Have a look at the Phoenix Bugs and the Website Bugs and contribute what you can.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home