Monday, May 01, 2006

Wiki for everyone

When we opened up the Eclipse Project Wiki at http://wiki.eclipse.org/wiki/ , we limited editing to Eclipse committers. As per bug 118245, we've hacked the authentication mechanism to allow Eclipse Bugzilla registered users to edit the Wiki. It's not live yet; we're testing it out to see if it works.

One challenge we had was hacking the Bugzilla login name (essentially, your e-mail address) to map it to a SPAM-safe login name for Wiki.

If you have an Eclipse Bugzilla account, go ahead and log in to the sandbox wiki; make sure you can edit the pages, save your preferences, add pages to your watch list and all that Wiki stuff.

This change should allow the community as a whole to contribute to the Project Wiki, while not requiring you to remember Yet Another Username And Password.

3 Comments:

Anonymous zx said...

I'm personally looking forward to the lewd pictures that may be posted by the community :)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous AlBlue said...

Can't get it to work for me. It keeps replacing the _ with a space in my login details ... or then, I might have forgotten my correct password :-)

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Denis Roy said...

Good catch. Wiki has the habit of converting underscores to spaces (and vice-versa) so I'll look into it. I'll update the bug with this information.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home