Thursday, October 25, 2007

Easy way to a bug

Bug 199275 was opened requesting short URLs for accessing specific bug numbers. I didn't give it much thought at first until I caught myself wanting such a feature while trying to access a specific bug. You can just type the bug number on the Bugzilla home page, but if I'm typing "bugs.eclipse.org" in my browser's address bar, why not just append the bug number?

So now you can just type bugs.eclipse.org/12345 (or link via http://bugs.eclipse.org/12345) and you'll be teleported to your bug by pure magic.

Are there any other short URLs like this that could definitely make your life easier? (This one isn't a short url)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Denis Roy said...

Great idea, Michael. Thanks

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Karl Matthias said...

Wow I learn new stuff that I like about Firefox all the time. Nice!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home