Thursday, May 22, 2008

Is it that time of year again?


As I noticed the increasingly heavy load on the Eclipse Build server, I looked at my calendar and realized we are in the final month before Ganymede, this year's annual release train. The locomotive is pulling the latest and greatest from superstar projects, such as Eclipse 3.4 (featuring the awesomeness that is p2), Webtools 3.0, CDT 5.0, Birt 2.3 and ECF 2.0.

These next 30-some days are my personal favourites (and likely Kim's favourites too!) as release engineers build continuously, genie spends her time signing JAR files, and our servers take a beating serving bits, updating bugs, committing files and sending mail.

Let the party begin, I say.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kim Moir said...

Sing it with me

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

Wait. Wrong season.

"Please release me, let me go,
For I don't want to build anymore,
High cpu usage could be a sin,
Release me, and let me sleep again"

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Nick said...

Nah, I prefer the party in July, when the storm has passed and everything is calm... and I have time to actually work on my 'if I only had time' projects. :)

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Denis Roy said...

Kim, you sing it better than anyone else!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home