Thursday, February 25, 2010

Google is my new best friend



I have just received a $20K USD donation from Google.  Thanks, Google!

Some time ago, when bugs were opened asking for Git and Gerrit for Eclipse.org, I became grumpy; I whined and moaned that we didn't have the hardware resources to support that.  It's not that Git and/or Gerrit needs tons of resources, but every additional service we support has a small incremental cost to the Foundation.  Our servers are maxed out in just about every which way as it is, and adding more stuff certainly won't make it better.

But a guy by the name of Shawn Pearce heard my subtle, yet annoying cries for help and decided to put an end to my nonsense.  After some discussions, he pulled some strings and managed to land a generous donation for Eclipse.org.  The theme: make dev.eclipse.org better.

Stay tuned for details on how we'll upgrade our servers with this (and other) donations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Chris Aniszczyk said...

Nice, I'm looking forward to that global Eclipse Gerrit instance in the future ;)

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home